Kauai is the ultimate island getaway. With its lush, tropical landscape and beautiful beaches, it’s hard to believe that this island was once inhabited by Native Hawaiians. Kauai, Hawaii is a paradise for nature lovers. The island is home to some of the most beautiful beaches, as well as some of the most unique landscapes in all of America.
The best thing to do on Kauai is definitely to take a hike through one of its many trails. This can take you through rain forests and up mountains, so be prepared to get wet! You can go swimming in one of its many lakes or rivers or even just rent a boat and head out into the ocean! There are also plenty of caves and waterfalls throughout the island that are worth exploring.
Here are the Kauai Hawaii Best Things to do Complete Guide
Kauai, also known as the “Garden Island,” is a beautiful and unique place with a lot to offer visitors. Some of the best things to do on Kauai include:
- Waimea Canyon: This vast canyon is located in the island’s interior, and is known for its stunning red and pink rock formations. There are several lookout points along the rim of the canyon where you can take in the views, as well as hiking trails that lead down into the canyon itself.
- Na Pali Coast: The Na Pali Coast is a rugged, remote stretch of coastline on the northwest side of Kauai. It is only accessible by boat, helicopter, or a challenging hike, and is known for its beautiful, secluded beaches and dramatic cliffs. There are several companies that offer boat tours of the coast, which allow you to take in the scenery and possibly see dolphins, whales, and other marine life.
- Hanapepe: Hanapepe is a historic town located on the west side of Kauai. It is known for its charming atmosphere and its many art galleries, which feature the work of local artists. There are also a number of local shops and restaurants in Hanapepe, making it a great place to spend the day exploring.
- Poipu Beach: Poipu Beach is located on the south side of Kauai and is known for its crystal-clear waters and abundant marine life. It is a popular spot for snorkeling, as well as for swimming and sunbathing. The beach is also home to a number of restaurants and shops, making it a convenient place to spend the day.
- Allerton Garden: The Allerton Garden is a beautiful botanical garden located on the south side of Kauai. It was originally the site of a plantation, and now features a variety of tropical plants and trees, as well as several sculptures and architectural features. The garden is a great place to take a leisurely stroll and take in the sights and sounds of nature.
- Kokee State Park: Kokee State Park is located in the island’s interior, and is home to a number of trails that offer breathtaking views of the island’s natural beauty. The park is known for its native Hawaiian plants and animals, and is a great place for birdwatching and spotting native species. There are also several picnic areas and campsites within the park, making it a great place to spend the day or even stay overnight.
- Surf lessons: Kauai is known for its great surf, and there are a number of surf schools that offer lessons for all skill levels. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced surfer, you can find a lesson that is right for you.
- Whale watching: During the winter months, humpback whales can be seen off the coast of Kauai, and there are several companies that offer whale-watching tours. These tours typically take place on boats and offer the chance to see these majestic creatures up close.
- Kilohana Plantation: The Kilohana Plantation is a former sugar plantation that has been turned into a shopping and dining destination. It features a number of local artisans and craftspeople, as well as a restaurant and a vintage train ride. The plantation is a great place to spend the day exploring and learning about the island’s history.
Kauai things to do for free
There are plenty of things to do on the island of Kauai that won’t cost you a thing! Here are a few ideas:
- Visit the beautiful Waimea Canyon, the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific.” The canyon is a must-see attraction on Kauai, and the views from the lookout points are breathtaking.
- Take a hike through one of the island’s many trails. Kauai is home to a diverse array of plants and animals, and there are many trails that will take you through lush forests, past waterfalls, and along the coast.
- Head to one of the island’s many beaches and spend the day swimming, snorkeling, or relaxing in the sun. Some of the best beaches on Kauai include Poipu Beach, Hanalei Bay, and Tunnels Beach.
- Visit the Kauai Museum in Lihue to learn about the island’s history and culture. The museum offers free guided tours daily at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm.
- Check out the Kauai Farmers Market in Kapaa to sample local produce and products made by Kauai artisans. The market is held every Wednesday and Saturday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Also Read Best Things to do in America
What is the number one thing to do in Kauai?
There are many things to do in Kauai that could be considered the “number one” activity, depending on your interests and preferences. Some popular activities in Kauai include visiting the Waimea Canyon, hiking the Kalalau Trail, exploring the Napali Coast, and relaxing on Poipu Beach.
Other popular activities include visiting the Kauai Coffee Company, snorkeling at Tunnels Beach, and taking a boat tour of the Na Pali Coast. Ultimately, the “number one” thing to do in Kauai will depend on your personal interests and what you hope to get out of your trip.
What is the most popular town on Kauai?
Kauai is the most popular tourist destination in Hawaii. The island has many beautiful beaches, great hiking and swimming spots, and an active volcano that can be seen from most vantage points. Here we cover the three most popular town on Kauai:
Kapaa is a town located on the eastern side of the island of Kauai in Hawaii. It is the largest town on the island in terms of population, with a population of about 10,000 people. Kapaa is a popular tourist destination, with a wide range of hotels, restaurants, and shops catering to visitors. The town is also home to several cultural attractions, including the Kapaa Heritage Trail, which is a walking tour that takes visitors through the town’s history, and the Kauai Museum, which features exhibits on the island’s history and culture.
Hanalei is a small town located on the north shore of Kauai. It is known for its beautiful beaches, such as Hanalei Bay and Waioli Beach Park, and its laid-back atmosphere. Hanalei is a popular vacation destination, with a variety of accommodation options, including vacation rentals and hotels. The town is also home to a number of restaurants and shops, as well as cultural attractions such as the Hanalei Valley Lookout and the Limahuli Gardens and Preserve.
Poipu is a town located on the south shore of Kauai. It is a popular vacation destination, with a range of accommodation options, including resorts and vacation rentals. Poipu is home to a number of beautiful beaches, such as Poipu Beach and Brennecke Beach, as well as a number of golf courses. The town is also home to a number of restaurants and shops, as well as cultural attractions such as the National Tropical Botanical Garden and the Allerton Garden.
What is the best month to visit Kauai?
The best time to visit Kauai depends on your preferences and what you want to do while you’re there.
- If you want to enjoy the beach and the outdoors, the best time to visit Kauai is in the summer months of June through August. These months have the warmest temperatures and the lowest chance of rain.
- If you prefer cooler weather and don’t mind a little rain, the fall months of September through November are a good time to visit. The weather is still pleasant and the crowds are generally thinner than in the summer.
The winter months of December through February can also be a good time to visit Kauai, although it can be cooler and wetter than the other months of the year. This is the peak season for surfers, as the north shore of Kauai gets some of the biggest waves in the world during the winter months.
Overall, the best time to visit Kauai is in the summer or fall, when the weather is warm and dry. However, the island is beautiful year-round, so it’s ultimately up to your personal preference.
Best Resorts on Kauai Hawaii
Here are some top resorts on Kauai, Hawaii that you might consider:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa: This luxurious resort features multiple pools, a spa, and a variety of dining options. It is located on the south shore of the island, close to Poipu Beach.
- The St. Regis Princeville Resort: This elegant resort is located on the north shore of Kauai and offers stunning views of Hanalei Bay. It has a spa, multiple pools, and a variety of dining options.
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas: This resort is located on the north shore of Kauai and offers villa accommodations with full kitchens and balconies with ocean views. It has multiple pools, a spa, and a variety of dining options.
- The Marriott’s Waiohai Beach Club: This resort is located on the south shore of Kauai, near Poipu Beach. It offers villa accommodations with full kitchens, multiple pools, a spa, and a variety of dining options.
- Sheraton Kauai Resort: This resort is located on the south shore of Kauai, near Poipu Beach. It has a spa, multiple pools, and a variety of dining options.