Punta Cana is a small city that is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Dominican Republic. The city has lots of attractions for backpackers who solo travel to Punta Cana such as beautiful beaches, and luxurious resorts, which are lined with hotels and restaurants. Also, you can do a lot of activities like go deep sea fishing, scuba diving, swim with dolphins, or go horseback riding. You can visit Indigenous Eyes Ecological Park & Reserve where you can swim and hike
Punta Cana has been designated a World Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO. It also hosts several annual events that draw thousands of tourists every year. Some of these events include Carnaval, Dia de la Hispanidad, and Fiestas Patrias.
It is located on the southern coast of the country, about an hour and a half from Santo Domingo.
There are several parks where you can enjoy hiking trails or visiting museums while enjoying the beautiful natural scenery around you.
- 1 Things to do for Solo Travel to Punta Cana
- 2 Solo Female Travel Punta Cana
- 3 Best Punta Cana Resorts for Solo Travelers
- 4 Best Time to Visit Punta Cana
- 5 Also, Read These FAQs
Things to do for Solo Travel to Punta Cana
Punta Cana has plenty of outdoor activities for its visitors, including snorkeling, scuba diving, and fishing. You can also enjoy a variety of water sports at the beach near the hotel.
The city has plenty of bars and restaurants offering delicious meals and drinks. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can try out some of the local cuisines at one of the local restaurants.
If you’re looking for a little alone time and solo travel to Punta Cana, here are some things to do:
- Visit the beautiful beaches, and take a walk along the coast. The beach is one of the most famous attractions of this city, but it is also one of its most crowded ones too. If you prefer to be alone, walk along the shore and enjoy watching people swim in the sea or play in their own little world.
- Must spend your solo holidays at a quiet place with a beautiful island – Saona Island is a part of Cotubanamá National Park in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, is one of the most beautiful beaches with blue Caribbean sea, white sand beaches, unique sea creatures, and species, Warm turquoise waters.
- Go on a tour through the town in style or rent a bicycle and explore the area on two wheels.
- Take a trip to one of the many casinos in town—you’ll never be bored!
- Go on a boat ride. Boats run all day long and give you the opportunity to see the beautiful coastline of Punta Cana.
- The catamaran is a unique way to experience the best of Punta Cana. It’s a great way to get around the island and enjoy all it has to offer.
- Take a tour of the jungle of Monkeyland, a private zoo and amusement park located in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Monkeyland has over 20 acres of property, with numerous attractions including a botanical garden, petting zoo, lots of monkeys, squirrels, aviaries, and more. The park is open daily from 9:30 am to 5 pm (6 pm on weekends), with admission fees ranging from $60 to $80 USD per person.
- Bavaro is a beautiful beach resort in Punta Cana. It has many attractions and activities that you can enjoy alone. You can go swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, the white sand beach has clear blue water and much more. There are many hotels in Bavaro where you can stay when you are vacationing there.
- Visit an art gallery or museum. There are many art galleries and museums where you can enjoy seeing works by local artists, or even some pieces created by famous artists from around the world. You can also visit museums dedicated to natural history or anthropology, which will allow you to learn more about how other cultures lived and worked thousands of years ago!
- You can visit the caves and natural theme park in Scape Park, Punta Cana is world famous for its beauty and natural wonders. There is an underground chamber network, tropical forest, cliffs, and caves that are a result of erosion, where water has carved out a series of tunnels and rooms inside the rocks.
Solo Female Travel Punta Cana
Punta Cana is a wonderful place to visit, and you’ll be happy to know that it’s also a good place for solo female travelers but some awareness need to be considered because of their are some dangerous neighborhoods. For female who solo travel to punta cana avoid to travel alone at late night but the in the resort and accomodation area you are very safe at night where you can enjoy your nightlife.
There are plenty of activities to choose from, and you can easily find a hostel or hotel that suits your needs. This tropical paradise is known for its beaches being wide and sandy, the locals are friendly, and there’s plenty to do in the surrounding area.
The city has a rich history and culture, a beautiful beach that offers a myriad of activities, and the beauty of nature is abundant in the area. It is also home to many resorts that offer services such as spa treatments, massage, and meditation classes.
The city of Punta Cana has more than 70 hotels that offer exquisite services along with luxurious accommodations. Most of them are located near the beach or close to shopping centers and restaurants. If you need transportation during your stay in Punta Cana, there are plenty of options available. You can choose from luxury buses or taxis that will take you anywhere in the city or even outlying areas such as Bavaro Beach Resort & Spa or La Isla Resort & Spa
Best Punta Cana Resorts for Solo Travelers
If you are traveling alone in Punta Cana, it’s important to find a resort with a wide selection of activities and entertainment options. Some resorts have specialty restaurants or bars where solo travelers can enjoy some time on their own. Others may offer complimentary room service or free wifi throughout the property.
Bahia Principe Grand Bavaro
The Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro Beach Resort & Spa is an amazing all-inclusive resort with tons of activities to keep you busy. The resort features two swimming pools and a water park with slides and surfing waves. In addition to regular activities like sports courts and beach volleyball, there’s also nightlife at the hotel (and other venues). Visit their website
Grand Palladium Bavaro Palace Resort
The Grand Palladium Bavaro is another great choice for solo traveller who looking for an all-inclusive resort with plenty of activities to keep them busy during their stay. There are plenty of pools at this resort including a heated pool, as well as an adults-only pool with a swim-up bar. The onsite spa offers traditional services as well as a movie theater, fitness center, and tennis courts. Visit their website
Iberostar Grand Bávaro
The Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro offers gorgeous views of the ocean from its private beachfront location on Bavaro Bay. Guests can enjoy a variety of dining options onsite including The Grand Café which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily (drinks are not included). Visit their website
You should also look for hotels with pools or spas designed especially for solo travelers. These pools provide an opportunity to relax after exploring the surrounding city or relaxing in front of a fire pit at night.
Best Time to Visit Punta Cana
The best time to visit as solo travel to punta cana is between December and January. During these months, it does not get as hot as other times of the year and there is less humidity. You will also find fewer tourists during these months, so you will be able to enjoy your vacation without being crowded by others from all over the world.
If you’re looking for something more relaxing than lounging by the pool or enjoying a drink at one of the bars, take a walk along one of Punta Cana’s beautiful beaches or head into town to visit one of its museums or galleries.
Also, Read These FAQs
Is Punta Cana safe to travel alone?
Yes, Punta Cana is safe to travel alone. However, it is wise to be aware of your surroundings and take a few safety precautions.
You may want to avoid staying in the city during the day or walking around alone at night. Additionally, it is best to avoid drinking alcohol or doing drugs while traveling in Punta Cana due to the high crime rate and drug trafficking that occurs there.
Is it safe to travel to Dominican Republic Solo?
Dominican Republic is a safe place to travel alone. Many people travel to Punta Cana alone and are happy that they did. In the past, the Dominican Republic has been known as a dangerous place to travel alone. However, things have changed in recent years and there are no longer any reported cases of rape or kidnapping.
How many days in Punta Cana is enough?
I think the answer to this question depends on your budget and how much you want to see. I would say that if you have a lot of money, then you should go for a month. But if you are on a budget and don’t want to spend too much time in Punta Cana, then it is better to stay only week.
How much money should I bring to Punta Cana for a week?
If you are planning to travel to Punta Cana, you can expect to pay between $100 and $300 per day. This is a very wide range, and it depends on what type of hotel you choose. You will also have to consider the cost of food, entertainment and other expenses that come with your trip.